Saturday, May 22, 2010

Something Old

My little brother has picked up the pen I dropped. I used to write all the time. Mostly fan-fiction: Harry Potter and CSI for the post part. But I have not written a word for a year now. I don't Play-by-Post role play anymore like I used to, and I can feel all creative juices I used to have are gone. I want them back, and hope to work at it this summer. Until then, my few but fantastic readers, I want to give you something I wrote back in my prime.

Common Senses - A poem

I could smell
the musk of cologne
I could feel the slick
of sweaty skin on skin.
I could taste the stale smoke
of cigarette on my lips.
I could hear the lust
in guttural moans you made

and

I could see your smile
as it lit up my heart.

But,

Now I no longer
smell, feel, taste,
hear or see,

Because you took
away all that
was left of me.


K. A. Stroud
30 Aug. 2007


This next one is a journal entry I wrote from the journal my main RP character kept. This is from after her entire life changed. Achromatopsia is a condition, in Pauley's case, where her eyes are extremely sensitive to light. She can only see in grayscale, and cannot go out in sunlight (as a mortal) without heavy black sunglasses made special for her or else she would go blind by the bright white of the sun. So, enjoy this little journal entry.


********************************************************************


It has been a month since my entire life changed. I can still remember that night clearly. The night my life as I had known it ended, and my new life began. I was at the park taking pictures, doing my job. My upcoming collection was going to showcase the lives of those on the street; the working people who cluttered the corners at night, who exchanged money for life, who slept on the park benches. I had come to know those people. They had ignored me for weeks, leaving me to her duties, knowing they were safe. Then one night, some stranger approached me. That was the first time I had ever been approached while there. He had beautiful, shocking blue eyes, and pale skin that was flawless. His voice rang through my ears. I knew it wouldn’t look good, to those who worked the park, to see a man approach me like that. Some already suspected me of being a cop. I was able to get rid of him, but not fast enough.

Just moments after the man left to watch from a bench yards away, some prick attacked me, and from there, I blacked out. When I woke, I felt, strange. That’s the only way I know to explain it. My entire body felt weak, tired, and sore in spots, but I was still alive. Or I thought I was. Until that strange man spoke. His voice was no longer musical, but it still rang, clear and crisp. His eyes were still that beautiful blue, but it was his skin, that smooth, pale skin that looked so different. Although I was still colorblind, it was almost as if I could see the blood pulsing in his veins, see his skin shimmer as he moved, and I could see small grooves in his flawless face. I could hardly believe him as he explained to me what I was. Yet, part of me did. The proof was evident. Blood surrounded me everywhere; it was obvious I should have died. I could look right at a street light without feeling excruciating pain. Never before could I do that, not with my Achromancy. Taking it in stride, for what else could I do, I went home, the man who had just turned me into a vampire following me.

My life has never been the same since. After a month, I am still trying to get used to sleeping all day, drinking blood, and to having a family. I had never really had a family before. I used to have my grandmother, but she died when I was sixteen, leaving me completely alone. I never knew my mother. I knew of her, through my grandmother, but she never said much about her. My mother had been a prostitute, and had left me on my grandmother’s doorstep after I was born. After my grandmother died, I traveled from city to city. To make ends meet, I sold my photographs. Sometimes I would get up to five hundred thousand dollars for a collection. I have not had to worry about money since, but I lived frugally. I only had myself, so there was no one to spend the money on, and I had no need for it myself.

I now live in the Windstarr family home. I have a father, Cian Mahoney, who sired me. His wife is beautiful, and they just had a son, giving me a little brother to spoil rotten. He takes after his mom, with small little ears and a fluffy tail, but he has his father’s hair, and the most wonderful eyes I have ever seen. I cannot tell the color although they tell me they are blue, but I am fascinated by the ring around them. I have a new grandmother, Gena, Cian’s sire, who loves to cook just as I do, and she even has a shop I can visit and possibly work in. I have a brother who I am sure is either gay, or bisexual because he flirts with many of the guys in the house. Dax is funny. He has a very sarcastic sense of humour, but he is smart as well. I enjoy spending time with him. I also have a sister. I haven’t met her yet since we have not yet crossed paths, but she is engaged to marry Cian’s blood brother, John. I am very happy for them both.

I cannot fail to mention the one person I have met who makes me want to kill him and yet kiss him all at the same time. Travertine was sired by Gena, and he is so irritating. He makes my blood boil, and makes me want to strangle him. And being a new vampire, I probably have the strength to do so as well. He is very handsome and has a great body, but he knows it and flaunts it. In our family, nudity is welcome and even encouraged, and Trav takes advantage of that for sure. He is smart, too. But he is even more of a smart-ass. He knows just what buttons to push to set me off, and he does it well. Part of me likes this. I like the man, and just don’t want to admit to myself, let alone to anyone else. He had the audacity to come into my room, make me think he really wanted to know about how I saw the world, then to kiss me. It was the most breath-taking kiss I have ever had, and it went straight to my loins. I had to fight to keep from taking the ass up on his invitation to his room. It has been months since I have been intimate with someone, but I refuse to just fall into bed with the first man to make me want him. If Travertine wants me, then he will have to work for me.

I told you my life has changed. I’m very lucky to have such a loving family, and I still do my work. A good amount of the money I have saved up has been spent on remodeling and redecorating my own bedroom and bath, and I hope to see about getting a dark room set up in the house as well. I get to spend lifetimes with my new family, and I get to really enjoy life now that I am happy. This journal is only the first to catalogue what is going to be eternity through my grayscale eyes.


***********************************************************************************


Okay, so that's all for tonight. I really must be heading to bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment